Polk Audio 265-RT Vanishing Series 3-Way In-Wall Speaker - Single
Superior 3-Way Performance From A Practically Invisible Loudspeaker
For the biggest full range dynamic audio, with no visible speaker boxes, you need the power and potential of an in-wall 3-way speaker that includes Polk's patented PowerPort Bass Venting system. Easy to install, you can build a complete high performance audio system that blends seamlessly into your décor. Tailor the performance to suit your room environment with superior audio controls to guarantee the most spectacular sound. Even while performing at this level, Vanishing RT speakers are a great value in today's hottest style of custom-installed loudspeaker.
- Practically Invisible Grilles And Minimal Flanges-New design! No other moderately-priced built-in speaker is this invisible. Vanishing Series Built-In Speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series in-ceiling & in-wall speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Timbre-Matched to Polk Audio RTi Speakers Match Vanishing RT speakers to RTi Series Loudspeakers. Timbre-matching with the same internal components, and the same lightweight polymer composite cone material, insures utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker. Use Vanishing Series Speakers to build a system or complete an RTi existing system.
- High Performance Tweeters Superior imaging and clear, lifelike detail is revealed by superior tweeter technology. The responsive silk dome tweeter in Vanishing RT speakers features a 15° swivel housing, for more direct high frequency control, excellent off-axis imaging and more placement flexibility.
- Reflective Room (Tweeter) Compensation switch digitally compensate for harsh reflective surfaces. It doesn't merely reduce high frequencies; it actually allows you to "notch out" a specific area of the spectrum (3500-6000Hz) where room acoustics most often interfere with performance.
- Wall Distance setting toggle allows for maximum placement flexibility with no loss of performance by tailoring the frequency response to compensate for proximity to corners or adjacent walls. This sophisticated technology also allows you to restrict specific midbass frequencies (80-150Hz) that can produce "boominess" in close quarters, while leaving deep musical bass response intact.
- PowerPort Bass Venting Patented PowerPort Bass Venting smooths turbulence at the mouth of the port, especially important in shallow-depth installations, and ensures the seamless speaker-to-subwoofer blending with smoothest bass response possible.
- Easy Installation Puts the architectural elegance of "invisible" speakers within reach for anyone. In existing walls, use the Perfect Fit Template for one-cut, drop-in simplicity. Achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system. Pre-construction brackets are available for new-build or open-wall retro-fitting. Our precision-engineered minimally flanged design lets you get professional results with no additional drywall work.
- Driver Complements:
- Mid/Woofer 2 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm) Dynamic Balance mineral composite polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Dynamic Balance silk/polymer composite dome
- Overall Frequency Response 30Hz-27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit 45Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit 25kHZ
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power 10-200 w/channel
- Efficiency 91 dB
- Inputs Gold-plated spring-loaded posts
- Size 20-7/8" H x 8-7/8" W (53.02cm H x 22.54cm W)
- Cut-out Size 19-3/16" H x 7-1/4" W (48.74cm H x 18.41cm W)
- Warranty: 5 Years