Polk Audio 65-LS Vanishing Series 2-Way In-Wall Speaker - Single
Premium Bass, Small Space, No Face
Polk's patented PowerPort Bass Venting system greatly enhances the smooth low-end response in this easy-to-place, single woofer in-wall speaker. Recommended for use as stealth side or rear surround speakers in an LSi theater system setup, or for superior dynamics in "invisible" multi-zone music systems. Practically-flush mounting with a minimal-flange design means this speaker never attracts attention by its looks, only by its performance.
- Practically Invisible Grilles And Minimal Flanges-New design! No other moderately-priced built-in speaker is this invisible. Vanishing Series Built-In Speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series in-ceiling & in-wall speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Timbre-Matched to Polk Audio LSi Speakers Match Vanishing LS speakers to our flagship LSi Series Loudspeakers. Timbre-matching with the same internal components, and same lightweight Aerated Polypropylene Cone material, insures utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker. Use Vanishing Series Speakers to build a system or complete an existing LSi system.
- High Performance Tweeters- Superior imaging and clear, lifelike detail is revealed by superior tweeter technology. Vanishing LS speakers are the only built-ins to feature the ultra-high-performance Ring Radiator Tweeter used in our highest-end freestanding loudspeakers. The Reflective Room (Tweeter) Compensation Switch digitally compensates for reflective rooms without hindering high performance, for extraordinary placement flexibility.
- Customizable Wall Distance Setting Tailors frequency response for optimum performance regardless of room shape. Ignore the usual performance-robbing suspects of corners and adjacent wall surfaces! The Wall Distance Setting gives you the power to defeat "boominess," even in close quarters, leaving dynamic response intact.
- PowerPort Bass Venting Patented PowerPort Bass Venting smooths turbulence at the mouth of the port, especially important in shallow-depth installations, and ensures the seamless speaker-to-subwoofer blending with smoothest bass response possible.
- Easy Installation Puts the architectural elegance of "invisible" speakers within reach for anyone. In existing walls, use the Perfect Fit Template for one-cut, drop-in simplicity. Achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system. Pre-construction brackets are available for new-build or open-wall retro-fitting. Our precision-engineered minimally flanged design lets you get professional results with no additional drywall work.
- Driver Complements:
- Mid/Woofer 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm) Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone and rubber surroundnd
- Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter in ball and soc
- Overall Frequency Response 30Hz-33kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit 44Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit 29kHZ
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power 10-125 w/channel
- Efficiency 90 dB
- Inputs Gold-plated spring-loaded posts
- Size 14-3/8" H x 8-7/8" W (36.51cm H x 22.54cm W)
- Cut-out Size 12-3/4" H x 7-1/4" W (32.38cm H x 18.41cm W
- Warranty: 5 Years