- Lots of people every day visit our website enquiring about voltage converters, we have added this table and several examples to hopefully help you understand what converter you need.
- 200Va 140 Watts 0.58 Amps
- 300Va 210 Watts 0.88 Amps
- 400Va 279 Watts 1.15 Amps
- 500Va 350 Watts 1.46 Amps
- 600Va 420 Watts 1.75 Amps
- 700Va 490 Watts 2.04 Amps
- 1000Va 700 Watts 2.92 Amps
- 1500Va 1050 Watts 4.38 Amps
- 2000Va 1400 Watts 5.83 Amps
- 2500Va 1750 Watts 7.29 Amps
- 3 kVa 2.1 kWatts 8.75 Amps
- 4 kVa 2.8 kWatts 11.67 Amps
- 5 kVa 3.5 kWatts 14.58 Amps
- 6 kVa 4.2 kWatts 17.50 Amps
- 7 kVa 4.9 kWatts 20.42 Amps
We remember the formula as WAV - Watts = Amps x Volts
By dividing both sides of the formula by amps you get - Watts / Amps = Volts ... the amps / amps on the right hand side canceling each other out to leave volts.
And by dividing both sides by volts you get - Watts / Volts = Amps ... the volts / volts on the right hand side canceling each other out to leave amps.
Q What is the biggest electric fire that can be run on a 13 amp fused plug in the UK?
A Mains voltage in the UK is 240v so Watts = 13 x 240 = 3120 watts or just over 3kW
Q A 60 watt car spotlight is showing a drain of 5.5 amps on the ammeter. What is the voltage?
A 60 / 5.5 = 10.9 volts
Q A food mixer with a 400 watt motor runs in the US on 120 volt supply. What fuse to fit?
A 400 / 120 = 3.33 amps. A 5 amp fuse would be ok.
Conversion Table For VA To Watts